 Off-Topic / Debate / 2145
    Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing) —Scott Edward Sanburn
   Chris, (...) What does this have to do with private institutions? (...) I am sorry, but I think hate crime legislation is very wrong. How can you hate anyone anymore than by taking his life? It it worse to kill a room full of Jewish people than a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing) —Chris Moseley
    Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote (...) The abortion thing is probably a better example of why hate crimes are worse than random ones. Those doctors are killed to terrify other abortionists, and so the hate part of the crime is not (...) (25 years ago, 11-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing) —Mike Stanley
     (...) Don't yet torture criminals? Are you saying that the death penalty is torture? Or are you saying something about the way prisoners are treated in the American prison system? (...) Spike Lee (and others) believe that, from what I hear. The (...) (25 years ago, 12-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing) —Chris Moseley
    Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote (...) Both, actually. Don't you think it's inhumane to hold the threat of death over someone, randomly giving them hope of survival then taking it away, never setting the actual execution date but always (...) (25 years ago, 12-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)