 Off-Topic / Debate / 21325
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:19:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   What it does do is reduce the number of fatalities/injuries from bullets.

Lots of things can kill you -- like automobiles for example. We keep dangerous things around because they are useful -- like automobiles for example. People can be taught to use dangerous yet useful things without harm to anyone, or at least with greatly reduced risk to others -- like automobiles for example.

How is a gun any different?

Thank You.

So, you should have to register your gun, and you should have to pass a test to be able to use it before you are allowed to do so. That is NO DIFFERENT than with your car.

Gun Control.

If you are found to be “responsible” then the ownership of most portable weapons is possible here(1) (up to at least .30 MG’s). If you are not deemed to be responsible, then you are denied the privilige of owning something that is designed to kill. (and that is all a gun is designed for- animal or human, kill is what it is intended to do).

James Powell (1)- Canada, in case you don’t know