 Off-Topic / Debate / 21293
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:43:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

<snip>

Really? As per the US constitution it was intended that the Government not have
any weapons and that the citizens were the military in the form of a
self-regulated militia.

-Mike Petrucelli

Oh here that is again--

And I will point out that, again, the Constitution wasn't written yesterday, it
was written before paved roads, street lights, and Hostess Twinkies(tm)!

So if we were to adhere to your interpretation of the Constitution, then hell
yes, give the citizens M1's and F14's.

And yet another pointer that this section of the Constitution is archaic.

Gun control--I'd ratehr see gun elimination.  If you take away the guns from the
stores and the houses of 'law abiding citizens', the crooks can't get 'em 'cause
why?  They're not there to get.  Stop with the wiggling about it.

Less guns = less guns for crooks.

Borrowing an analogy, if there are 100 cupcakes in the country, there are 100
chances that cupcakes could get into the hands of crooks.  If there are only 10
cupcakes, crooks only have access to 10 cupcakes.

"Oh but Dave, guns come into our country from those that still make guns!"

Yeah, isn't smuggling an illegal activity?  And won't that put a higher price on
the black market for these smuggled guns?  A few posts ago "Oh it's cheaper to
buy a gun on the black market than it is to buy one in a store..."

Y'all want your cupcake and eat it, too.

Dave K