 Off-Topic / Debate / 21251
  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote: <snip> (...) I would hazard a guess that most of the homicides are also due to 'armed' people. Imposing gun control on law abiding citizens will prevent and slow down the number of guns getting into (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) No it doesn't. Take Austraila for example. Here are some "pro-gun wacko" sites with statistics (URL) enough I can not find any "anit-gun wacko" sites with contradictiong claims. (...) Do you think we can succesfully invade every country with a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Here's one web reference that might be familiar to you: (URL) in that post I link to a site that specifically addresses the Australia problem. In particular, your citations (which in essence simply parrot the same statistics and might as well (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Exactly why I called them "pro-gun wacko" sites. However I still can not find any "anit-gun wacko" sites to refute them. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. (...) No it isn't, I simply made the mistake of assuming we all knew that as long (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)