 Off-Topic / Debate / 21118
  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) Absolutely! And if someone tries to prevent those people from praying, I'll be first in line to defend their right to pray as they choose. The right to worship is Constitutionally protected, even on school property (provided that it's not done (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) I was trying to address this very issue, but I snipped it 'cause it wasn't sounding good at all. I was going to say that little Timmy drawing Rambo with a severed head in his hand as his (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) There is a minor problem here about clubs. My inclination is that clubs should be allowed so long as the school does not use religion to determine if the club is allowed (i.e. a religious club could be disallowed if it proposes some activity (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) This is an excellent idea for a clone MOC. Get to work! FTX killed my smiley face emoticon!!! -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) The practising Catholics were always easily identifiable come Ash Wednesday. You are not supposed to wash the ashes off your forehead (except as a byproduct of washing yourself in general) and I have never heard of a school forcing them to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) In my slightly rural high school, Thanksgiving vacation included the following Monday. This was widely considered to be due to the fact that buck hunting season began on that day, so a great number of kids would skip school anyway. Your point (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) Why not? Some people already consider clones to be blasphemy! Dave! (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Unitarian Universalism (was Re: Separation of Church and State)

(...) (URL) (color doesn't matter) is a pretty universal UU symbol. This page: (URL) is a good place to start and exploration. (...) There is actually a pretty strong base, it's just that it's somewhat fluid. While UUism is talked about as a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)