 Off-Topic / Debate / 20934
20933  |  20935
Subject:
Not quite in my backyard, but close enough...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:10:46 GMT

"State monitored war protesters:
Intelligence agency does not distinguish between terrorism and peace activism
By Ian Hoffman"
http://www.oaklandtribune.com/cda/article/print/0,1674,82%257E1865%257E1400012,00.html

[edit: There had been some very shocking photos that original went with this
article but they seem to have disappeared.  In the main there were photos of
persons showing wounds on their bodeis from where they were hit by wooden
pellets.  These wounds looked like raised blemishes swollen with bodily
fluids -- like an enormous round welt with a 4" diameter (approx. the size
of the palm of your hand) and blood raised at the point of impact. There was
one photo of a woman whose face was decorated with a swollen bruise the size
of a billiard ball on her lower jawbone -- her claim was that she had been
beaten by the police, and from her appearance one assumes she was struck
with a baton or something. Really appalling stuff.  Land of the free, eh?
Where is our freedom to assemble?  Where is our freedom to dissent?]

-- Hop-Frog