 Off-Topic / Debate / 20819
  What's worse--being a moron or being corrupt?

So a Canadian Parliamentary aide called Dubya a 'moron' a while back, and that sent everyone into a tizzy. Now the Mayor of London says Dubya's corrupt: (URL) would you rather be--labeled as a moron or labeled corrupt? I, like the mayor of London, (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's worse--being a moron or being corrupt?

(...) I would say being labeled a moron is far better than being labeled corrupt. (...) Why stop with Dubya? We should get rid of the whole lot and reinstate the constitution as our basis of government. (You know where everyone follows the same (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's worse--being a moron or being corrupt?

(...) Was the term not "moronic"? Scott A (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's worse--being a moron or being corrupt?

(...) I would have said that Dubya's policies are moronic. However, what the aide actually said was, "George Bush.... what a moron!" Thus, in order to stay true to the actual quotation and the resulting political tizzy, I used the original, not my (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's worse--being a moron or being corrupt?

I am going to say that being called corrupt is worse. If one is a moron that usually represents a natural born deficiency, someone who is a moron is not simply unlearned, or unwise, but possessing a level of retardation. To say someone is corrupt (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's worse--being a moron or being corrupt?

(...) It is pretty clear why that aid had to go then. The "man monkey" is no moron. ;) Scott A (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's worse--being a moron or being corrupt?

(...) I am sorry to make you a scapegoat Scott, but this is one nit I have to pick. Irregardless is not a word, it is a double negative. What you actually mean is 'regardless' which means 'without regard to'. If 'irregardless' was a word it would (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)