 Off-Topic / Debate / 20638
    How Will We Ever Wash the Stink of GWB Jr. Off?! —Richard Marchetti
   "Children held at Guantanamo Bay" (URL) younger than 16 are being held as "enemy combatants" in the American detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, the US military admitted yesterday, a practice human rights groups condemned as repugnant and illegal. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: How Will We Ever Wash the Stink of GWB Jr. Off?! —Scott Arthur
     (...) ...they'll be 18 soon enough. On a related note: As I understand it, the USA is one of only a handful of countries to execute juvenile offenders in the last decade. The others are: Congo, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia Nigeria and Yemen. And (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: How Will We Ever Wash the Stink of GWB Jr. Off?! —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Dang...I can't! Gosh, that was a painless debate. :-) -->Bruce<-- It's that circumvention of all laws that gets me: no, they aren't combatants, so they don't fall under the Geneva conventions, and yet they are held under military law so they (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: How Will We Ever Wash the Stink of GWB Jr. Off?! —Leonard Hoffman
   first, thank you for posting this. i hadn't known this. second, god this is depressing! my government, whom i'm too afraid of to really resist, is purposely and actively subverting international and domestic law - regardless of the reason behind the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)