 Off-Topic / Debate / 20466
Re: Welcome Worn Out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:02:03 GMT

A good guest and neighbor knows when it's time to leave.

Agreed,

However it should be pointed out that we are neither a guest nor a neighbor.
We seem to be taking on more of the role of parent (not a role I wanted the
US to take on but by golly, once the war was started, there was no avoiding
it), and a parent does not always do what his or her children indicate they
want at the moment.

but it seems that we are damned if we do, and damned if we don't,
considering what happened the last time we exited Iraq.

It would be nice to get this right so that it will be our *last*
visit to Iraq.