 Off-Topic / Debate / 20441
20440  |  20442
Subject:
The Next CEO of the U.S.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:52:19 GMT

"Bush needs his next fix"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4651973,00.html

And what is bad on a national scale is completely dire at a local and state
level. While Bush can run up a huge deficit, many states and cities have to
balance their budgets, which has left them with the worse budget crisis
since the second world war.

Across the country, where much jurisdiction is local, fire stations, zoos
and after-school clubs are being shut down; teachers, police and social
workers are being fired, prison inmates released and local taxes hiked. In
seven states, many schools are on a four-day week. Some towns in Oregon have
no police protection for some of the day. And Nevada is facing the steepest
tax increase in its history.

-----------------------------

Which is why whatever is going on in Iraq, Iran, and Syria can WAIT!

I just hope the democrats can give me someone I can hold my nose and vote
for so that I can vote AGAINST the Bush-ite status quo.

And despite the facts that keep mounting -- tax and spend, unnecessary war,
economy in a near depression-like state and which he has done nothing to
abate (note that I don't specifically blame him, but at a time when we
desperately need reform in the manner in which we handle our corporate
persons we again have the wrong man in charge), and other clueless behavior
-- some of you will continue to just not "get it."  I hope those Bibles are
good with ketchup!

-- Hop-Frog