 Off-Topic / Debate / 20337
    Re: Tax day, give me a break —Scott Arthur
   (...) Although income tax is comparable with your own [when NI is included], in the UK we are taxed at 40% of GDP. But the difference is cultural too; we don't mind paying tax if we get good public services in return... we want education and health (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tax day, give me a break —Scott Arthur
   (...) There was an interesting letter in the Guardian yesterday about life in Cuba... ==+== Far from not trusting its own people, the more obvious reason for the crackdown on dissidents, is the Cuban government's fear of US intentions. Cuba has had (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)