 Off-Topic / Debate / 20335
20334  |  20336
Subject:
Tax day, give me a break
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:25:40 GMT

Guys

The US tax system may be more complex than many other countries (I have no idea
if this is true) but the rate of taxation is low compared to other
industrialized nations. I'm a middle class taxpayer and I estimate my total
fedral, state and local combined tax rate (including sales tax) at about 33%.
Ask our friends in Europe if they would complain if their total tax burden
magically (as in no reduction in services) changed to 33%.

Lester Witter