 Off-Topic / Debate / 20265
    Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!! —Ross Crawford
   (...) Here's an idea - why doesn't everyone donate a few bricks, and we collect it all into one big crate, and ship it off to the Iraqi kids? Sure water's probably more important to them right now, but hey they need toys to play with too. ROSCO (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!! —Pedro Silva
   (...) Good idea. I'm in, if you're for real. Pedro (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: LEGO for Iraq? —Ross Crawford
   (...) Well - I was serious, but I have a feeling something like this might be a logistical nightmare. Does anyone have any experience organising anything like this? I seem to recall a similar suggestion was put forward for African kids a while back, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: LEGO for Iraq? —Terry Prosper
   (...) I could do it for you, I really think this is a great idea. I could organize this, but I'd need a little help from some people to get seriously started. Who's in? Terry www.rotule.qc.ca (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: LEGO for Iraq? —Frank Filz
   (...) Something to consider is the cost of shipping. Several years ago (work, that was 4 years ago...) we looked into shipping LEGO to Turkey after one of the earthquakes. We ended up discovering all sorts of problems. See this post from Selcuk (and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)