 Off-Topic / Debate / 20140
20139  |  20141
Subject:
Liberté, égalité, fraternité! [was Re: Now, you have to read this ! How stupid can one get?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:56:06 GMT

See:
http://www.notofrance.com
==+==
I am seriously suggesting that we send back the Statue of Liberty given to us
by our fickle ally in 1886. Obviouly, we no longer have use for a french
created icon representing our country...and especially the freedom we've so
dearly paid for.
==+==

http://www.francesucks.com/
==+==
Americans have never liked the French but we never knew why.....now we have a
reason!
==+==

'Boycott' that the US may regret
http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,919901,00.html
==+==
But boycotts, however out of fashion, work both ways. With the record US
balance of trade deficit, some argue that the US could hurt more from a global
boycott of American products than vice-versa."
==+==

http://www.buyfrenchnow.com/issue.html#FLOWERS
==+==
How long is it before some lunatic legislator proposes to prohibit local school
districts and state universities from teaching the French language, or
threatens to cancel funding for such classes?"
==+==

From the same page:
Voltaire: "I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death
your right to say it."

Scott A