 Off-Topic / Debate / 20048
    Re: My Concession (for John mostly) —Pedro Silva
   (...) An American defeat is not an option (1); but the victory may be Pyrrhic if this thing goes on through the Summer and/or with an ever increasing rate of casualties - in many ways, that could be even worse than a defeat. :-/ Pedro (1) - Really, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Concession (for John mostly) —Bert Waters
   (...) Larry and Pedro, You both touch a chord, I desperately want this war to be done with. I married, and am raising children in a Quaker home, and I am comfortable with pacifism. Richard Nixon was a Quaker. I am a pragmatist. I want a quick ending (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)