 Off-Topic / Debate / 19985
19984  |  19986
Subject:
aljazeera.net [Re: Patriotic Geeks-- Gotta love 'em!]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:07:55 GMT

:-)
JOHN

So much for freedom of speech! Remember it was banned in Bahrain for its
“Zionist Bias” [irc].

Al Jazeera.net is not my main news source, but it does provide:
1) an alternative to the USA/UK propaganda
2) an insight into how the conflict is viewed in the region
3) the only uncensored Arabic news service in the region [afaik]

Some of the pictures on the site are not my “cup-of-tea”; I genuinely feel part
of that reaction is cultural.

I wonder if Bush will allow Iraq a similarly uncensored news service anytime
soon? I doubt it. Perhaps he'll take the lead from your "Patriotic Geeks", and
give them pornography instead?

the non-English "English" site http://english.aljazeera.net/
the Arabic site http://www.aljazeera.net/

[Why am I not surprised your read the Sun & Fox “News” ?]

Scott A