 Off-Topic / Debate / 19852
Re: If I were a conspiracy nut...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:53:09 GMT

http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/25/news/companies/war_contracts/index.htm

In which, surprise surprise, Haliburton--Cheneys old company, gets the first
contract...

Are there any other possible explanations? Or is patronage for certain the
only reason this contract was awarded?

Patronage sucks, I always hate to see it.

But how many US companies are there (please excuse me if I leave out French,
German, Chinese and Russian ones for the moment, ok? We've had enough help
from Russian companies for a bit.) capable of the entire scope of this work?

If there are only 3 or 4 (and I don't know if that's true, I haven't done
the research... perhaps you could since you seem to be making the
accusation) or only 1 or 2, is this an unexpected outcome?