 Off-Topic / Debate / 1983
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 00:16:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
Hmmm.  Well, this is one place where I kind of get confused.  See, I
believe
that God didn't create logic or mathematics -- that he in fact *couldn't*
create them -- because they already existed on their own without the
world,
without the universe, and without God.

Do you have any justification for believing that. Is logic something that
exists
in its own right or is it just something that we've created and which looks
sensible because it happens to fit in with how our minds work?

I'm sure I've seen one or two references to books in which mathematicians
have idly speculated on that - though I can' t think of any references
off hand.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com