 Off-Topic / Debate / 1974
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:56:28 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>

Me, I'm just as happy with an unexplainable universe that
obeys well defined laws and has observable properties. Heck, I'm HAPPIER
with that than with an unexplainable god who loves us but doesn't have
to obey any laws or have any physical manifestation.

I got news for you, Mr. Science.  The more we learn about the universe, the more
we see how random it is and how little we do/can know about it.  It is a God who
represents order out of chaos.

note well that this is not REALLY an anti-god argument. It's merely a
counter to the "well, how do you explain the existence of the universe
if there is no god" argument.