 Off-Topic / Debate / 19689
Re: Interesting juxtaposition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:10:21 GMT

First line from your cite:
"IRAQI conscripts shot their own officers in the chest yesterday to avoid a
fruitless fight over the oil terminals at al-Faw."

Nobody thinks Iraqi soldiers can stand up to our vastly superior forces --
not with conventional weapons.  But where are the much spoken of WMD?  Where
are the chemical agents.  Etc. Etc. Etc.

Funny how oil keeps coming up though, eh?  Think maybe the Iraqis well
understood that there was no point in trying to defend the oil from us
better armed americans?

Still, if I were an american soldier I wouldn't feel so secure around those
specific locations -- not so close to the oil.  You never know what might
set it off.

-- Hop-Frog