 Off-Topic / Debate / 19673
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Spencer Nowak writes:
So, I wonder why you require "hard" evidence for one side of the coin, but >such amazingly soft (ie clearly fabricated) evidence for the other.

I could say the same...
why do we need "hard evidence" to go to war(which, by the way, we have given
saddam ample chances to avoid by simply telling us what he has) and "soft
evidence" to stay home and let a US hating dictator get wmds?

Because one way people don't die.  Inspections and containment was working.

The other way people die--bombing and fighting.

There had better be a physical "smoking gun" for me to consider the very
option of thinking about starting a war.  And if there is another way of
achieving the same ends without loss of life, I'm going to opt for that one.

Dave K