 Off-Topic / Debate / 19633
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 02:52:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Spencer Nowak writes:
Show me hard evidence that proves we are only there for oil. otherwise i
will regard you as just another empty-headed anti-war protester jumping on
the no blood for oil bandwagon for lack of a better objection....

My current proof is the currently skewed state of affairs that leans our
govt. very heavily in the direction of multinational corporations.  These
corporations are stealing our collective wealth through tax breaks,
reporting fraud, stock fraud, excessive CEO wages, the loss of U.S. jobs,
etc. They undermine our representative democracy when politicians care more
for the wishes of lobbyists then those of their constituents. And the boys
in the white house are up to their eyeballs with this Corporatocracy -- esp.
those involved with Oil and Energy concerns.

"Conflict of interest"? Give me a break...Cheney should be being
investigated for his involvement with Enron right now!  Oval office oral was
much ado about nothing, but this Enron issue has some weight to it.

Anyway, as stated, I'd love for you to be right and for me to be wrong.
Sadly enough, as a nation I fear we have begun what others will end for us.
And I am looking past Iraq, unlike some people.  This "good deed" will not
go unpunished.

My real proof will be what is done with the Iraqi oil when this is done.  If
Saddam leaves them some to divvy up, let's watch how it gets divvied up
shall we?  Further, I have this funny feeling we shall not get S.H. just as
we did not get Osama Bin Laden.  And I doubt democracy is possible in Iraq.
You have been fed a series of lies and you believe them.  Was everything
they said about Viet Nam the truth, or did young men die for rubber trees
that were then torched with napalm?  When governments go out of control
their true motives are often communicated on a "need to know" basis
only...too bad for us peons, huh?

BTW, is war something you like to rush into for some reason?  The current
administration's assurances that every peaceful option was exhausted before
this move to war sounds quite hollow with many of us. I think we had other
stuff on our plates already too: nailing OBL, and taking care of homeland
security without trashing every right that makes being an american worthwhile.

But oh well, we have nothing better to do -- might as well go against the
world and involve ourselves in a needless war that we can ill afford right
now.  Too bad if it further spooks investors and trashes the economy, right?
We can all just eat dirt if we cannot afford cake...

-- Hop-Frog