 Off-Topic / Debate / 19613
    Rats Leaving the Sinking Ship (Re: Just Teasing...) —Richard Marchetti
   "Top White House anti-terror boss resigns" (URL) March 19 (UPI) -- The top National Security Council official in the war on terror resigned this week for what a NSC spokesman said were personal reasons, but intelligence sources say the move reflects (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rats Leaving the Sinking Ship (Re: Just Teasing...) —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) This actually sums up a lot of the reasons I oppose this war. It is an unnecessary distraction. Even with UN sanctioning, it is terribly mis-timed. This should not be our focus; this war has diluted our efforts against Al Qaeda at best, and is (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Rats Leaving the Sinking Ship (Re: Just Teasing...) —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Exactly. I love peace, but I am not a pacificist. When terror comes home they can expect a fight, more likely a serious beating, and possibly death. And they will have gotten what they so richly deserved. From the word go on 911, I have stated (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rats Leaving the Sinking Ship (Re: Just Teasing...) —John Neal
   (...) From the same article: "I found his resignation shocking," said one official closely involved in the domestic fight on terror. "And it might reflect a certain frustration over the allocation of resources. But I'm not positive that there's a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)