 Off-Topic / Debate / 19463
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 05:13:04 GMT

Since abrogating the Clinton administration's signature last year, the Bush
administration has persuaded 24 countries to sign bilateral agreements with
the United States, pledging not to surrender to the court U.S. nationals or
foreigners working under U.S. contract. The U.S. Congress has passed
legislation authorizing the president to take "all means necessary" to free
Americans taken into custody by the court.

Does anyone know why?  Lets see; no right to fair jury, no right to language
translator, no right to legal counsel, and you can be imprisoned in any country
the court chooses. This applies to civilians as well as military personel. I
don't know, maybe in other countries it is normal to be tried in a court
without knowing or understanding why, shipped to China or something, and never
be seen again. Here in the USA civilians don't tolerate that kind of crap. For
crying out loud a US military court gives someone more rights than the current
International Court does.

-Mike Petrucelli