 Off-Topic / Debate / 19434
  Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?

(...) Nor do I. Canada has been a staunch friend of the US far more often than not. (...) Here I think you may want to check your recollection better. Who mans the DEW? (...) I'd not be so dismissive so quickly. His arguments are sound, they're just (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?

(...) Thanks Larry--my apologies for being abrupt. (...) DEW? Most times I love acronyms... (...) To this I agree--throwing our hats into the same ring as those who commit atrocities is the wrong thing to do. But here we sit in the 21st centruy, in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?

(...) Distant Early Warning. The network of radar bases in Alaska and Canada's far north intended to give the earliest possible terrestrial warning of incoming transpolar missile attack targeted at either the US or Canada. Not the most critical (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?

(...) 100% agreement with those conclusions without regard as to how one reasons to get there. My one caveat would be that we must also keep the peace whilst backing away from these complicated international entanglements. America should be a benign (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)