 Off-Topic / Debate / 19427
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:52:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Orion Pobursky writes:
Don't Support Our Troops: Win or Lose, War on Iraq is Wrong
(radical?)

This guy really touched a nerve with me.  As a military member I know that
we do what we're told and the consequences of not doing that is severe
punishment including possible jail time.  The writer of the article above
essentially states that because our leaders are wrong, all military members
are wrong.  This is like holding children accountible for the sins of thier
parents.  I say support our *troops*, even if you don't agree or condone the
*war*.  These men and women are people too, not demonic minions.

I thought "I was only following orders" was no excuse?

Scott A