 Off-Topic / Debate / 19293
Re: W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:14:46 GMT

I don't care how much of the Bill of Rights he's trashed,
I don't care if he engaged in insider trading at Harken,
I don't care that he's wholly in the pocket of corporate interests,
I don't care if he sorted coke,
       or drove while under the influence
       or was arrested for it,
I don't care that he didn't answer any questions about the above,
I don't care that he's an imperialist hegemon,
I don't care that he's pursuing a convenient vendetta
  while simultaneously ignoring an actual diplomatic crisis,
I don't care that he's using inconclusive data to fabricate a
  link between two philsophically opposed Arab groups
I don't care that, in so doing, he's sending the tacit message that
  "All Arabs are the same," which is distressingly racist,
I don't care that Karl Rove operates him like a ventriloquist's dummy,
I don't care that the press corp treats him very gently despite the
  savage zeal with which the scoured the previous (ie, most recently
  elected) President's personal life to bolster false claims of perjury
  and criminal misconduct,
I don't care that he ignores the public's opinion in all things
       including the environment
       and including corporate accountability
       and including the economy
       and including the 2000 election.
I don't even care that he's cementing the international perception of the
United States as a nation of war-crazy, trigger-happy, diplomatically
  primitive cowboys.

What really bothers me is that he *STILL* says "nukuler."

    Dave!

I have to stop watching CNN....

Yeah, that 45 minute 'Infomercial' last night...

Ah, he wasn't the first peresident who wasn't an eloquent spokesperson, and
it's probably a given that he won't be the last...

We've been coddled since Carter--he was a very eloquent speaker; Reagan, an
actor who can say lines like the best of them; George Sr, who could actually
construct a sentence in his head and speak it without fumbling it; and
Bubba, who was very charming...

What can I say, we have Jean--he can't speak well in either of our two
official languages ;)

So there you are.

Dave K