 Off-Topic / Debate / 19302
Re: W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 18:51:40 GMT

We've been coddled since Carter--he was a very eloquent speaker; Reagan, an
actor who can say lines like the best of them; George Sr, who could actually
construct a sentence in his head and speak it without fumbling it; and
Bubba, who was very charming...

But Carter, if memory serves, said "nukuler".  Even more amazing considering
his job in the navy as a nuclear power plant technician/engineer (I forget
the exact title).

W. fumbles and bumbles pretty much the same as his Dad, who was not the best
public speaker either.  Buy Daddy Bush employed (quite successfully) a major
distraction (that doubled as the best life insurance policy known to man)
that made him look good in comparison: Dan Quayle.  ;-)

-->Bruce<--

Oh I forgot the Quayle!  Oh how that brings back the SNL skits...

VP Cheney doesn't seem to get in the news as much--only thing I hear about
him is his poor health and his oil ties with Iraq.

I don't think I've ever heard him speak.

Dave K