 Off-Topic / Debate / 19275
    Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives —Dave Schuler
   (URL) now dissenting opinion is unpatriotic, and Islam is the font of hatred. Very nice! Dave! (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives —David Koudys
     (...) Yes, it's not as if Christian zealots in the past haven't tried to do bad things to their fellow Americans... Any religion has the problem of radical extremists To boycott 'good' religion, whether it's leaving during a prayer "in protest", is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives —Mike Petrucelli
     (...) The real shame is the walkout idiots missed the whole point of the thing in the first place. Sometimes I think we need to invent stupidity seeking missles. Of course then we would have the nasty problem of them turning around and smacking us (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives —John Neal
     (...) FWIW, I think these Reps were wrong, especially after having heard the content of the entire prayer itself. This Imam is scheduled to pray again in the senate soon-- let's wait and see if the Reps in question change their mind and not walk out (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives —David Koudys
   (...) In a similar vein... (URL) which a man was arrested for wearing a 'peace' t-shirt... I'm thinking there has to be more to the story than just what's there--Mall security wouldn't walk up to anyone in a t shirt and try to kick them out of the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives —David Eaton
   (...) Yeah, there's slightly more to the story... a history really... (quickie summary) Sounds like back in December there were a bunch of quasi-protesters who decided they'd walk around the mall at Christmas time wearing peace/anti-war garb, just (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Here's another take that makes it even more dubious that this guy (a judge?) has much justification for complaining. (URL) (scroll down to "Birth of an Urban Legend" and I can't say how long this cite will work)... -start- Birth of an Urban (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)