 Off-Topic / Debate / 19248
    Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare —Dave Schuler
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: **snip of some stuff, including a good reminder about North Korea*** (...) It should be remembered that one can (or can prefer to) watch a program without swallowing its "message" hook, line, and (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare —David Koudys
     In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) Or when Harry Morgan was cast as a 'crazy general guy' and, like 4 episodes later-ish, he was the commanding officer of the 4077th. Think anyone would notice that? There was a website I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare —Maggie Cambron
     (...) Well then they must have said something about Hawkeye making some remark about credit cards-- which I don't believe were around during the Korean war. Maggie C. (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare —Dave Schuler
     (...) Ugly John also played Captain Muldoon, in a later-series one-shot in which the doctors had to run Rosie's Bar while she recovered from cracked ribs. They played Revolving Asians, too. Mako portrayed three different roles that I can think of, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         MASH Goofs--Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare —David Koudys
     In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) Here's a site that I came across when this topic came up (URL) has a good list of goofs--I think the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com) probably has another such list. Regardless of (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) It would also be a mistake to think that they weren't at least unconsciously influenced by it... (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare —Dave Schuler
   (...) Perhaps it's a case of the program showing what the viewers wanted to see, so that the program was in turn influenced by the viewership? This is obviously similar to The West Wing. I haven't seen even one second of that show, but does it (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)