 Off-Topic / Debate / 19158
  Not in my name!

(URL) that the LP has evinced some support for the antiwar movement, including some activists marching in some of the same demonstrations that this writer has profiled. (see also: (URL) sure I agree with the LP stance here. While I oppose the coming (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  no D-Day in '44? [was Re: Not in my name!]

(...) Churchill did say that the USSR "tore the guts out of the Nazi war machine". The USSR lost ~25-30,000,000 in WW2 [the USA lost ~140k in Europe]. Without the USSR, D-Day would never have happened in '44 as Germany would have had its best (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Not in my name!

(...) I hear you on this one. I would have marched in London if I hadn't been put off by the fact that a lot of the posters and stickers (indiscriminately illegally stuck onto adverts along escalators on the Underground) often said 'Don't Attack (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Not in my name!

(...) I wondered about that as well--whom do you "throw your hat in the ring with" when it comes to these amss protestors? When I was hanging out with my 100,000+ friends in Toronto a few weeks back, doing the march for anti-war, I looked around and (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)