 Off-Topic / Debate / 1911
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 23:10:17 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:
Todd queried:
What about those ignorant of the process of salvation?  Through what
mechanism does a stone age native of Borneo avoid separation from God?

Do you want a Sunday School answer, or one of my long-winded
dissertations?     :-)

What are the other choices? <grins, ducks and runs>

(Tom then quickly submits Larry's email address to a subscription of an online
papal newsletter, grins, ducks, and runs the other way ;-)

IIRC Catholicism holds that these souls will go to purgatory to be
evaluated further.

Off-hand, that sounds works-based.

IOW, it's OK to be ignorant if you lived righteously,
but if some missionary came to you and gave you the word up, you better
not blow it off.

Theoretically, if one was living righteously one wouldn't blow it off. Many
non-proselytized cultures have been/are receptive to missionaries for that
reason, the degree of which can largely depend on key individuals in those
cultures. Such individuals set the tone for their entire people about how to
treat outsiders. And religious difference could have been the reason a culture
had [physically] separated itself from its parent people group long ago.

That's one of my bigger bones with c... a god who wants grovelers rather
than the righteous.

Please define groveler as you see it in this case.

Wow, I hadn't noticed this sig until now. I'd better update my records ;-)

-Tom McD.
when replying, "..and there's the snap.. Spamcake fakes to the left, ooo and
he's broadsided!"