 Off-Topic / Debate / 19059
  Re: What about the first?

(...) Even though I can easily agree with you on that (oil for US consumption which is not from the GoM or Alaska comes primarily either from Venezuela or West African countries), I think I must point out one does not need to *use* the oil to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What about the first?

(...) Wrong in the sense that I never said that U.S. companies do not benefit from Middle Eastern oil in any way. Dave is saying we want their oil because we are sucking up so much Middle Eastern oil (and specifically Iraqi oil) with our SUVs. My (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What about the first?

(...) You are correct, you did not say that at any time. I also did not say you did say it... :-) I just call your attention to the fact that it would be wrong *if* you had that in mind. Therefere I chose the words "as you said it" to be highlighted (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  "US buys up Iraqi oil to stave off crisis" [was Re: What about the first?]

(...) Really? Read this: US buys up Iraqi oil to stave off crisis (URL) its most chronic shortage in oil stocks for 27 years, the US has this month turned to an unlikely source of help - Iraq. Weeks before a prospective invasion of Iraq, the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)