 Off-Topic / Debate / 1899
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 14:11:29 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Um, I don't know about the married (in whatever sense - legally
recognized or not) men YOU know, but I know quite a few married men
who have not and would not commit adultery, according to any
definition, including myself.

Have a lot of men (and women) committed adultery?  Sure.  Seems stupid
to me to suggest that "the majority" of them have, though.

When I was a late teen, I read the results of a poll that indicated that
44% (I think) of married men acknowledged having secret extra-marital
sex.  There must also have been some contingent of respondents who
didn't answer honestly so if the poll is even vaguely valid, then the
numbers are approaching majority levels.

Actually this poll profoundly affected my view of other people.  What slime!

--Chris