 Off-Topic / Debate / 18978
    Re: Future Speech Text of George W. Bush? —Scott Arthur
    (...) I expect part of the problem is that 911 has shown that the USA is both vulnerable and is part of a larger global community with real people in it. Your fellow countrymen have woken up to the fact that whilst they may feel that the USA stands (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Future Speech Text of George W. Bush? —John Neal
   (...) The problem isn't that we are an open society that is vulnerable to terrorism, it is that there are those who choose to take advantage of that openess-- using freedom as a cowardly way of expressing their hatred and intolerance. (...) I don't (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Future Speech Text of George W. Bush? —David Eaton
   (...) It's not so much "American freedom" as "America". To many middle-eastern people, the US is synonomous with 'evil jerks'. Regardless of whether or not it's a justified assessment, that's what many think. I think the point was that people in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)