 Off-Topic / Debate / 18947
  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Fomenting a war between Turkay and Iraq and then demanding that everyone aid in the war that they opposed being started in the first place will not be a feather in Bush's cap. All he will do is drive a wedge between us and the rest of NATO, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Ya. I for one would LOVE to see some real investigative reporting into the theory that France is blocking things because they have lots and lots of business deals in the hopper that would go forward if sanctions are eventually lifted but which (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) East to say, but harder to justify. (...) None of that explains why Belgium and Germany share France's outlook. Nor does it explain why the French navy is currently on exercise with your own in the "Eastern Mediterranean". (...) I'm sure I've (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)