 Off-Topic / Debate / 1891
Re: theism & atheism (was: Re: 22/7 & infinities)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 02:55:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
I would say that, yeah.  Definitely.  Atheism is a meme just as much as
theism is.  Moreover, atheism is a direct byproduct of theism.  If theism
had never evolved on this planet, then neither would have atheism.  Theism
can exist without atheism, but not the reverse.

IMO...

In an all theistic world, theism probably wouldn't be called or thought of as
theism. If all people believed in the existence of God from Day 1 and their
offspring continued to do so, it would just be a way of life (and quite likely
considered fact) for 100% of the people, as they probably wouldn't know
anything else except by imagination (since the existence of God is not what we
consider to be dis/provable).

In an all atheistic world, I can't even begin to imagine cuz it's beyond my
imagination ATM.

-Tom McD.
when replying, the spamcake industrial average rose a modest 12 points today
in light trading.