 Off-Topic / Debate / 18851
  Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) I think Bush will be quite happy to see Saddam ousted from within. He also may be amenable to seeing him accept voluntary exile. But Bush has decided for whatever reason that he wants Saddam gone, and has no problem with the war route (ah, for (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd writes: <snip> (...) My point, parenthetical to be sure, is that "Oh we'll uphold a document written a long time ago--every jot and tittle--but a UN sanction (the US being one of the founding members of (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) I think whatever point you may have had in mind was lost in your wording. If you wish to speak of people in the US dieing because of a 200+ year old internal document, you have left the arena of international law and diplomacy. Be that as it (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) Let's face facts; the US has an appalling record when it comes to respecting UN resolutions. [I see nothing that makes me think that's about to change.] Because of that, and other issues, a lot of countries [and their populations [even the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)