 Off-Topic / Debate / 18491
Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 02:23:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Nathan Todd writes:

I can answer much of this, including your examples, (though you may call
it my opinion), but I wanted to ask before I interrupt someone else's debate.

Sure, jump in!  There's a reason we're debating in a public forum and not
just over e-mail.

It may be of interest that like many christians I stand by the *whole* old
testemant and of course the new. I believe the old testemant is
understandable and does not show God as something he isn't in the new. The
only difference is the different covenants operating. You must have come
across this in the Bible.

OK, so would you say his first covenant, that of the Old Testament, could be
accurately summed up by "Israelites, do what I say, or I will kill you.  In
fact, don't even question or complain, or I will kill you."?  If you go by
my examples, this seems to be God's operating procedure.

But I would be interested in hearing your defense of God's actions in the
ten examples I gave, and how this God is compatible with a forgiving,
merciful, and non-homicidal, loving God.

And I'm also curious why an all-knowing, all-powerful God would drastically
change his policies over time (ie., regarding genocide, gentiles, etc)?

     God Bless, (yes I believe in God, his son Jesus who died for my sins,
and the holy spirit.)

May Maury the Talking Kangaroo watch over you in the night!

-Rev. Smith