 Off-Topic / Debate / 18442
Re: IGNORANT view fuel the IRA?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:39:51 GMT

Hey, what's wrong with trying to throw out a foreign occupying force?
Rather see them do it Gandhi/King style, though.  Blowing up baby carriages
just hurts their own cause (kinda like the Palestinians).

I'm going to jump on your parenthetical comment, Bruce, to make a point.  The
Palestinians have an agenda-- self-determination, Statehood, and peace.  The
Israelis have an agenda-- the recognition of their right to exist, and peace.

*sigh* Even the PA recognises their right to exist.

*Everyone* in the PA???

The Israeli agenda is land
theft.

I don't deny that there are extremist Israelis who hold this view, but the
overwhelming majority *DO NOT*, and thus your statement is patently false and
egregiously provocative.

Anyone who really believes in freedom [as opposed to self interest]
would understand that.

You said it, not I-- I rest my case.

-John