 Off-Topic / Debate / 18404
Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:14:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Phillips writes:
Of course, there is a subtle something-or-other that hints at the author's
opinion of all this.  Maybe it's the rating system.  Maybe it's the facial
expressions.  Maybe it's the appearance of Jar Jar Binks as an Egyptian
idol.  Whatever it is, I laughed at practically every frame.

I too have laughed at more than one depiction of Biblical events as
portrayed in brick on Brendan's site.  I would add to this debate that God
very likely has a sense of humor about these things too.  Afterall, if we
were created in his image, and so many of us have a sense of humor
(certainly more so than other critters do anyway), then perhaps God also has
a funny side.  I suspect that He would look on Brendan's site with a beer in
Hand and a chuckle in His voice...

But this really isn't about BPS and God having a good laugh-- heck, BPS
probably doesn't even believe in God.  It's about BPS and you having a good
laugh at Joe Christian and his relationship with God.  It's like the unwritten
rule that only Jewish comedians are allowed to tell Jewish jokes, or that only
black people are allowed to call each other by the N-word.  Anyone else outside
of those groups telling Jewish jokes or using the N-word would be labeled
"racist".

If BPS *were* a Christian, I think it would be different, because he would be
laughing at *himself* as well as others; as it is he is only laughing at
others, and religion is probably the touchiest subject an individual could
choose to mock.

But hey, it's a free country.  Not like Christians will be calling for *his*
death, but I find it interesting that in this PC atmosphere of sensitivity to
minorities and different cultures, it's always open season to bash Christians.

-John