 Off-Topic / Debate / 1839
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:03:02 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote:
for anything. The entire incident revolved around him lying under oath in a
federal case, which is called perjury, which happens to be a felony in this
country under federal law, and he was caught. Under the law, he is therefore
unfit to be President. (In the Constitution, the president can not be a felon.)

Well, just to nit-pick, I think in order for someone to BE a felon,
legally, he has to have been convicted of a felony.  Clinton hasn't
been convicted of anything, has he?  He's admitted to lying, sorda,
but he was never tried and convicted.

Um, we only give out billions of dollars every year to our allies, we send out
millions of dollars in aid (private and public funds) and we are greedy? Maybe
the American taxpayer is sick and tired of spending billions of dollars
overseas, with receiving hostile and even insulting messages back.

Makes sense.  Let's cut off all forms of foreign aid for 2 whole years
and pay down the debt with the money.  After that 2 years, let's allow
those countries we used to give aid to petition us for the money, and
if we feel they deserve it, maybe we'll help them out.

'Course, if the world collapses that would be bad for us too, and bad
for business, so we don't do that.

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Run your own LEGO auctions for free! (still in Beta)