 Off-Topic / Debate / 18330
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 16:57:33 GMT

My favorite excerpt:

"It marks the third consecutive election in which a Libertarian has cost the
Republican Party a Senate seat," wrote Miller. "If there had been no
Libertarian Senate candidates in recent years, Republicans would not have
lost control of the chamber in 2001, and a filibuster-proof, 60-seat
majority would likely be within reach."

Think about it. Think about how scary a filibuster proof Senate in the hands
of the GOP (or the Dems, for that matter) would be. To that I say: "you're
welcome"

If that's all your party ever wants to aspire to be (a spoiler), then knock
yourselves out.

But think about this: think about a senate with *no* clear majority and
libertarian Republicans controlling the swing votes.  That's power.  What you
have now is hardly consolation IMO.

-John