 Off-Topic / Debate / 18212
Re: Buses & Beggers [Re: Vote against/for...]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:29:12 GMT

John,
You are being obtuse again.

Scott A

Somehow DWB has become the example here, which wasn't the initial assertion.
Initially, Scott asserted that success in America is somehow assured if your
skin color was a particular shade.

Nope. I inferred that white folks have more "freedoms".

Well, you inferred wrongly.  They have the same "freedoms" everyone else has.
There is one law for everyone.

That view is not "class warfare". That view is not ?racism?. It?s a fact.

Give me an example of an American law that grants whites more freedoms than
blacks.

When I was in Seattle a couple of months ago I notices 2 things:
1. Beggars tended to be black [and there was a lot of them compared to the >UK].
2. Buses appeared to be disproportionately used by non-whites.

Why was that John? Are white folks genetically inhibited from using public
transport or begging? Should I have waited for a bus for white folks to come
along?

Sounds like an economic issue to me as I already stated.

-John