 Off-Topic / Debate / 18157
Re: A word to the international community... (Re: Vote against/for...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:52:05 GMT

Why does anyone ever apologize for anything?

Why should US citizens apologize to anyone because our world view happens to
differ from other countries'?  If I hear of one more Hollywood star say in a
press conference in Europe that they hate America, I'm think I'm going to puke!
I don't deny their right to say it, I just question their motivation,
intelligence, and lack of character for saying it.

Who went and made Europe our
political and moral judge?

Is it the judgment you don't like, or the fact that the USA is being judged?

It is the fact that they have no moral right to do so, and that they are
hypocrites besides (because God forbid that the conseratives should take a
moral stand-- *that's* being "judgmental")

Perhaps the French should be denied the right to free speech?

They can blather all they want.  I'm just tired of it.

Perhaps Bush should jail anyone who speaks against him/the USA? Do you think
that would solve the problem?

That may be how you do it where you're from; not where I'm from.

-John

Whoa whoa whoa..

Are you reading your own papers?  Folks have been held for 'questioning' for
long periods of time, even when there are no charges against them.  There
are people living in, well, not necessarily fear of their lives, but at
least persecution and prosecution, for saying anything against Bush and his
li'l 'war on terror'.  Civil liberties are getting run over in this fervor
of 'poor little misunderstood US, yeah, us with the big army and a chip on
our shoulder.'  "Hey you with the dust in your eye--lemee help you brush it
out.  Oops, I'm sorry--did I just hit you in the head with the plank
sticking outta my own eye?"

Dave K.