 Off-Topic / Debate / 18155
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:43:35 GMT

dingus writes:
It's about getting things done.  The Republicans have some elbow room to
start getting some positive things accomplished.  I'm hoping for the ending
of federal income tax, or at least the death tax.  Let's roll.

Right.  I'd be happy to see some of those things too, dingus.

That's very nice.  You should realize that such immature ad hominems only serve
to reflect the complete lack of character of the user.

If you think the war will pay for itself, or be a short easy to pay for war;
then you need to reduce your lithium intake.

The estimated loss due to 9-11 was $95,000,000,000 USD.  What do you suppose
the cost (in terms of $$$, let alone human loss and suffering) would be if a
terrorist detonated a nuclear weapon in a major US metropolitan area?  We can't
afford NOT to fight this war.  This isn't some choice; it is an inevitability.
If you think this problem will just go away it is *you* who needs to do what
you suggested I do.

Bush will raise the national debt paying off his war-supplies buddies while
lining his own pockets with off-shore kickbacks.

Usually one needs to go to a bowling alley to find such astute political
analysis...

The unreported enormity of the national debt is a hot potato that keeps
getting passed from one president to another, all of them hoping to not be
the one owning the debt when the thing goes off.

What's your point?  That it is somehow President Bush's fault?  What would you
have him do?

-John