 Off-Topic / Debate / 18136
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 05:30:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

-Mike Petrucelli
(who still can not figure out the idiotic revisionist policy of eliminating • all
references of the two towers in New York)

Are you referring to that stupid campaign to sue Peter Jackson for the name
of the second film in the LoTR trilogy?  If so, then I'm with you, in that I
can't figure it out, either.  It was really insensitive of Tolkien to name his
books after the landmark that would be destroyed five decades after his book
was written.  What was he thinking?

Or are you referring to another dumb revisionist plan?  (of which I'm sure
there are many...)

    Dave!

Actually I was referring to the removal of any reference of the World Trade
Center towers. I was particularly annoyed that the deleted scene of Spiderman
capturing a helicopter in a web between the the towers was not included on the
DVD. I still can not figure out why it was removed from the movie in the first
place. There are many more examples of this baffling policy all over the place.

-Mike Petrucelli