 Off-Topic / Debate / 18099
  The Death of Paul Wellstone

Although I disagreed with virtually everything this man stood for, I am saddened and shocked upon learning of his untimely and tragic death. My thoughts and prayers go out to his surviving daughters and family. It seems his promise that he wouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Death of Paul Wellstone

(...) Or enforced. I don't want to make light of this event, but I am curious what the conspiracy theorists will dream up for this one. -Kyle (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Death of Paul Wellstone

(...) I curious as to the ramifications of his death. Will the Democrats try and elect another dead man? Since Wellstone's wife died in the crash as well, you can't have her serve as happened in the extremely bizarre election of the dead senator Mel (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Death of Paul Wellstone

(...) The Toricelli decision will embolden the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party to put in whoever they think is most electable, no doubt. I'm saddened too. Especially since it happened in a light plane. (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Death of Paul Wellstone

(...) Actually, Minnesota state law allows them to do this up to 4 days before the election. Problem is the absentee voters who are voting for a *Democratic* senate seat are going to be disenfranchised because votes for Wellstone will not legally go (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)