 Off-Topic / Debate / 17704
  Re: red light cameras CAUSE accidents

(...) Not in the UK. We always have to maintain a safe stopping distance... which makes sense. As I understand it, the length of the yellow is some kind of (...) Normally the focus is on the "intergreen" period - this will be 5-7 seconds for a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: red light cameras CAUSE accidents

(...) Forget all that. Can you tell me why, when I see those Police Video shows from the UK, the surveillance cameras in the cop cars always show the speed in MPH? Are you folks finally seeing the light and giving up on that cumbersome, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: red light cameras CAUSE accidents

(...) We don't have "cop cars", we have "police cars", "panda" cars and "jam sandwiches". ;) (...) Road signs (speed and distances) have always been in MPH. I have no idea why that was seen as being worth keeping. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)