 Off-Topic / Debate / 17468
  Re: Durned Telemarketers!

(...) Nope, that's about what we get (and yep, it's our two kids that keep mealtime quite lively). I use a twist on what I learned from watching my mom deal with Jehovah's Witnesses who came to the door when I was a kid. She'd just matter of factly (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Durned Telemarketers!

(...) Thinking hard - unless you count bubbles in the light sabre as defective, all the parts have been there, they were always the right color, and they always worked. Bruce (yes, I know, it's not off-topic...) Time for a poll? :-) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Durned Telemarketers!

(...) Long distance carriers almost never phone anymore; I suspect it's because of my "stock answer" for them, which is "I challenge you to get me a better long distance rate than I do right now." This gets them all fired up into their spiel, and I (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)